Albany, NY Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can happen to anyone at any time. They happen quickly, and can change the rest of your life. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. However, battling insurance companies and individual motorists in court is a stressful and difficult process, which is why you need an experienced Albany car accident attorney who can help you pursue what you deserve.
New York Car Accident Law
New York is a no-fault state, meaning that persons injured in a car accident may receive up to $50,000 in benefits, no matter who may have caused the accident. This money can be used to pay for things like:
- All necessary medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Up to $2,000 in lost wages per month, for up to 3 years from the date of the accident
- Up to $25/day for other reasonable and necessary expenses, including hiring a housekeeper or babysitter to perform household services the injured person would otherwise have been expected to perform
If you’re involved in a car accident in Albany, there are a few things you should do:
- Stop. Exchange information with the other driver, including: names, driver’s license numbers, insurance policy numbers, and license plate numbers. You should also contact the police, especially if you’ve been injured or your car was damaged. The police officer will need to fill out a detailed report documenting the accident, which may be required by your insurance company.
- If you’re injured, call an ambulance and follow up with a doctor’s visit. Delaying treatment can not only lead to long-term health problems, but may also affect your ability to recover money from the responsible party. Even minor car accidents can cause whiplash and other soft tissue injuries that can haunt you for the rest of your life.
- Write down all of the details about the accident as soon as you can. If you later decide to pursue a legal claim against the negligent party, documenting these facts can help you build a stronger case. Oftentimes, small details that can make a big difference in your case are forgotten months or years after the accident.
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Albany, NY. The lawyers at Bottar Leone, PLLC, have decades of collective experience handling car accident cases, and can help you pursue the money you are entitled to.
Contact Our Albany Car Accident Attorneys
An Albany car accident attorney can help you avoid mistakes in filling out paperwork or filing claims that could negatively affect your potential settlement. Additionally, an accomplished lawyer can interview witnesses to preserve evidence and testimony, help you find the right medical care, help you document your injuries, and represent you in court if your case goes to trial.
Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, with satellite offices in Utica, Watertown and Albany, the attorneys at Bottar Leone, PLLC, are dedicated to just recoveries for injured motorists throughout New York State. We stand ready to represent you.
To arrange a free initial consultation, call (888) 979-1689 or contact us online.